We are committed to respecting the rights to other people’s intellectual property in the same way we expect other users to protect our rights. Following the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), The person who owns the copyright or their representative could send a takedown request to us through our DMCA Agent, which is listed below. Since we are an online service company, We are entitled to claim immunity from infringement claims under the “safe harbor” provisions of the DMCA. To make a good faith claim for infringement with us, you need to send us a notice which contains the following details:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
- A signature, either electronic or physical, of the owner (or an authorized person to represent the copyright owner);
- Identification of copyrighted works that are claimed to be infringed;
- Identify the material that must be removed and any sufficient information to allow a service company to find the material. (Please provide your URL to the website that is in question to help us identify the infringing work]
- The information you provide is sufficient for your service company to reach the complainant, such as your name, address, address, telephone number, and fax numbers.
- A declaration that the party complaining is of a reasonable belief that the copyright agent prohibits the usage of the content; and
- A declaration that the information contained in the notice is accurate and, under the penalties of perjury, the person complaining is legally authorized to represent the copyright owner.
Title 17 U.S.C. SS512(f) offers civil damages penalties, which include attorneys’ fees and costs, against anyone who intentionally and materially falsifies specific details in a notice of infringement by 17 U.S.C. SS512(c)(3).
All takedown notices must be sent through Our Contact Us Page. Send all notices via email to ensure prompt attention.
Please be aware that we can disclose your identity and other details in any copyright infringement complaint with the accused infringer. When you submit a claim, you acknowledge and accept that the identity of you and your claim could be disclosed to the person who is accused of infringing.
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you’ve received notice of material being taken down due to an infringement claim based on copyright, If you are notified of a copyright infringement claim, you can provide us with a counter-notification to try to get the material you are concerned returned to the website. The notification must be sent in written form in writing to the DMCA Agent and include significant elements similar to those listed below as per the 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3):
- Your signature is either electronic or physical.
- An explanation of the materials that were removed and the location that was initially the material before being removed.
- A declaration under penalty of perjury that believes in good faith you know that the item was disabled or removed because of a mistake or misidentification of the item to be disabled or removed.
- The address, name, and phone number, as well as a declaration that you consent to federal court jurisdiction in the district where the address is situated (or in the case of a person who is not in the United States, that you accept the being a part of any judicial district where the service provider could be located) and agree to receive the service of process of the company or person who issued the original infringement notice.
- Send your counter-notice via Our Contact page. We highly recommend emailing us.
Repeat Infringer Policy
Copyright infringement is taken seriously. Per the policy on repeat infringers under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we keep track of DMCA notices sent to copyright holders and make every attempt to locate repeat violators. If they violate our internal policy on repeat, infringers are subject to having their accounts ended.
We can change the contents of this webpage and the policy on dealing with DMCA demands at any point for any reason. It is recommended that you regularly check to check the policy for any updates.